Civilization V is now in the Steam Workshop!
- By Greg Laabs
- 2K Games
- Senior Community Manager
- Thu Jun 14, 2012
Those of you paying close attention to Civilization V news probably saw my announcement last week that Civilization V would be coming to the Steam Workshop soon.
Well, that time has come. As of this morning, you can browse, comment, rate, and subscribe to your Civ V mods directly from the Steam Workshop! Head on over to the Civilization V section of the Workshop to check it out. And if you fancy yourself a mod author, download the new version of the SDK (in the Tools section of Steam) which will allow you to publish your mods on the Workshop.
In case you missed my original announcement, here are the improvements Steam Workshop has over the old mod database Civilization V launched with (which the Workshop has replaced):
• Don't want to fire up the game to see what mods are available? No problem. Browse mods either in-game or on the Steam Workshop website.
• Find a mod that you really like, and want to see what else the author has made? Check out the author's personal Workshop to see everything he or she has made. You can even "Follow" authors to keep track of their future mods.
• Found a perfect combination of mods that work well together and want to tell others about it? Create a "Collection" and share it with your friends.
• Like the idea of a mod, but don't want to necessarily install it right now? Add it to your favorites and you'll be able to keep track of it without installing.
• Love a mod and want others to know? Comment directly on the mod in the Workshop.