The installation locked up and the autoplay menu thinks the game is installed, what do I do? (CD-ROM version only)
- Click the ‘Windows Start button’
- Select ‘My Computer’
- Right click on the CD-ROM drive that says ‘Sid Meier’s Civilization 4’
- Select ‘Explore’
- Double click on ‘Setup.exe’ to re-initiate the installation
Intermittently, if you do not wait for your autoplay to
recognize the second CD then you may experience a hang
when clicking Ok to continue the installation with the
second disk. Please note that the installation will
immediately ask for the 2nd CD and continue the install
from where it stopped.
After inserting the 2nd disc I receive an error
that the setup program can’t locate the files?
(CD-ROM Version only)
Verify that you are installing the disc from the CD-ROM drive with the lowest letter in the alphabet and that you are directing the path to that CD-ROM drive. If you encounter this problem use an Express Installation and just click Next and Ok until the installation is complete.
Corrupted Installation Files (from Macrovision support)
Error Code: -5009 : 0x8000ffff
1) Clean out the temp folder. The temp folder can be determined from the TEMP environment variable. Open command prompt and type "set temp" to see the value then go to that folder and delete all the files/folders within it.
2) Corrupt InstallShield files. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime and delete or rename IsProBE.tlb then re-run the installer.
[Back to Support Index]