- 3:00 AM on Fri Feb 24, 2012
- 2K China - Shanghai
Division: 2K China
The Art Director is responsible for the game’s graphic production quality and content, and ensures that visual elements are credible and consistent with the game's vision.
- Lead the art team to manage all aspects of game including art design, modeling, texturing, lighting, SFX, tuning, data optimization and debugging to achieve aesthetic, stylistic, and technical quality results and deliver the game on time and within budgets.
- Define and ensure the artistic and stylistic goals for the game.
- Oversees the work of the art team on a daily basis, effectively communicating art direction and delivering constructive feedback to work in progress.
- Effectively problem solves and consistently presents sound solutions to technical issues related to art creation and implementation into the game engine.
- Mentors less-experienced artists on the team.
- Recruit and mentor artists.
- Strong technical aptitude related to 3D modeling tools(Max and Maya) and game engine technologies.
- Good traditional drawing skill, expertise using 2D software like Photoshop and Painter.
- Cartoon/anime background with understanding of Asian space.
- At least 3 years work experience in game industry, previous Art Director experience on at least 3 full-cycle shipped game title.
- Intimate knowledge of the development process from concept to final product release.
- Proven leadership skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to create a stimulating team environment that encourages the ideas of all artists on the project.
- Formidable leadership skills, creative vision, and passion for games.
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.