- 3:00 AM on Fri Jun 22, 2012
- 2K Czech
Division: 2K Czech
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Prague, Brno
2K Czech is the premier game development studio in Central Europe; we deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the Mafia series and Top Spin franchise. As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno.
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and creative Game Designer to join the team working on the next AAA title of the studio. A Game Designer designs and implements innovative and compelling play experiences, individually and collaboratively.
The Game Designer has a deep knowledge of all forms of gaming and platforms and can create and combine ideas together to deliver high quality play experience. He can devise complex and deep mechanics in a simple and straightforward way and can explain them clearly.
He is also able to swiftly move from the Developer to the Player’s perspective: he devises play experience that you can enjoy as a gamer.
- Collaborate with the design team to incorporate Game Features and maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Work closely with the Game Director, Game Leads to ensure overall project cohesion and quality.
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from Game Leads, Design leads, QA and playtesting
- Organize and/or participate in collaborative, interdisciplinary sub-teams to implement and balance gameplay features from initial design to final polish
- Author, revise and provide feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
- 2-3 Years of game development experience
- At least one shipped title in the current generation of consoles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, you are able to express complex ideas in straightforward ways
- Experience in working with other designers/creative to create game experience
- Strong knowledgeable about console, PC, iOS and social games
- Exhaustive knowledge of competitive products and industry trends
- Ability to adapt and re-evaluate ideas: change should not be something you fear
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to learn new software tools and technologies
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.