Lead Mission Designer
- 3:00 AM on Fri Jun 22, 2012
- 2K Czech
Division: 2K Czech
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Prague, Brno
2K Czech is the premier game development studio in Central Europe; we deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the Mafia series and Top Spin franchise. As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno.
We are looking for a seasoned Lead Mission Designer to join the team building the next AAA title of the studio. The Lead Mission Designer will guarantee the quality and variety of game experience in Missions, provide constructive feedback and mentor team members to deliver high quality content in timely fashion.
- Work closely with the Game Director to ensure overall project cohesion and quality. Serve as the local champion for the project's Mission design goals.
- Manage the Mission Design teams on 2 sites. Lead regular gameplay and design reviews and provide feedback, mentorship and tasking.
- Coordinate with production to detail, track and maintain the milestone schedule for all Missions work.
- Lead or participate in cross-disciplinary, implementation teams involving artists, programmers, and / or producers for project features and ongoing iteration.
- Organize, coordinate and respond to feedback from a variety of sources, including playtest sessions, focus tests, team feedback and publisher reviews, to continually iterate and drive quality forward.
- Author, revise and provide feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides. Establish and document internal quality targets and best practices.
- 5+ years of industry experience, with console experience preferred.
- Prior experience with modern 3D game engines and related editing tools.
- Prior management experience in a lead or sub-lead design role.
- Ability to work and lead in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong leadership ability including group communication, personnel management and project management. Experience with multi-site development a plus.
- Strong understanding of design and usability principles as they apply to games in general and to console action games specifically.
- Ability to deconstruct high-level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and tasks. Must have strong creative and problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to learn new software tools and technologies
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to email@example.com.