- 3:00 AM on Mon Feb 20, 2012
- 2K Czech
Division: 2K Czech
Job Type: Full Time
2K Czech is looking for an experienced Online Programmer to design, implement, and maintain the Online architecture which will be used for its upcoming AAA titles. This position includes the integration of common online services, and the implementation of ingame P2P protocol.
This position will play a leading role in improving our technology in the area of network gaming in a goal to deliver interesting content to the players and constantly renew their experience.
- To design and implement common online services (match making, leaderboards, invitations, voice chat, etc.)
- To collaborate with people in charge of implementing the GamePlay to design and implement efficient P2P protocol
- To be always up-to-date concerning online technologies in order to propose new technical and design ideas
- Strong C++ and OOP design skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft TCR and Sony TRC
- Good knowledge of XBox Live and PSN APIs
- Previous experience with the implementation of P2P game protocol and good knowledge of existing techniques (lockstep, dead reckoning – prevision/extrapolation, etc.)
- Good knowledge of UDP protocol
- Fluent level of English
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the video game industry
- Release at least one online game on current generation console
- Understanding of application-level communication protocol design/usage and transport protocols
- Good analytical and synthesizing abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games in general is an advantage
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to email@example.com.