Senior Rendering Engineer
- 2K Czech
Division: 2K Czech
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Prague, Brno
2K Czech is the premier game development studio in Central Europe, we deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the Mafia series and Top Spin franchise. As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno.
We are seeking a talented Senior Rendering Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge 3D graphics.
The Senior Rendering Engineer develops, writes, implements, and debugs code for new and upgraded software products.
- Write code that fulfills the functional, graphical and technical requirements of the project.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project's technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting edge environments and effects within technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- Thorough understanding of 3D math.
- Expert knowledge of real time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects.
- Experience with multi processor programming.
- Experience writing vertex and pixel shader code.
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
Additional Experience and Skills:
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
- One or more shipped PC or console game titles.
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.