- 2K Czech
Division: 2K Czech
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Prague, Brno
2K Czech is the premier game development studio in Central Europe, we deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the Mafia series and Top Spin franchise. As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno.
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and personable Systems Designer to join the team working on the next AAA title of the studio. As a Systems Designer, you'll be the man in the middle of the million moving parts that transform high-level gameplay concepts into concrete player experience.
Systems Designer needs to think on your feet during heated brainstorming sessions, drills down for detailed documentation and possess the technical acumen to dive in and hook it all up yourself when necessary. He will also need a strong understanding of level design, gameplay pacing and global balance to keep a holistic view of how it all fits together when the rubber meets the road of moment to moment gameplay.
- Primary ownership for the design, prototyping and development of several core gameplay systems, including world simulation and AI
- Collaborate with the design team to incorporate systems into level gameplay and maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Work closely with the Game Director, Game Leads to ensure overall project cohesion and quality.
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from Game Leads, Design leads, QA and playtesting
- Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative, interdisciplinary sub-teams to implement and balance gameplay features from initial design to final polish
- Lead collaboration and facilitate communication across studio locations as the primary stakeholder and champion of several gameplay sub-systems
- Author, revise and provide feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
- 5+ Years of game development experience, ideally in a systems design capacity
- Previous experience with gameplay scripting or programming languages
- At least one shipped title in the current generation of consoles
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to deconstruct high level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and tasks
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
- Exhaustive knowledge of competitive products and industry trends
- Ability to learn new software tools and technologies
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.