- 3:00 AM on Mon Feb 20, 2012
- 2K Games
Division: 2K Games Publishing
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Novato, CA
Manage and serve as lead architect for development of online-gaming architecture. Coordinate with development teams and provide engineering services while coordinating long term strategy between multiple studios and with Corporate IT as well as with other parts of the business.
• Collaborate as lead technical architect on global development projects involving client side online gaming architecture for multiple platforms/games/consoles.
• Provide recommendations and solutions for existing architecture to improve performance, security and reliability.
• Maintain and optimize the game to network performance of multiple client/server-based online games as well as complex web-service infrastructure.
• Interface with other departments providing documentation, strategy and overall direction for an online environment.
• Provide on call support for network clientside environment and provide solutions to difficult challenges.
• Ongoing technical oversight and maintenance of online systems.
• Work with various hardware and software vendors.
• Develop APIs, sample source code, and applications as needed to support the studio level needs of the organization.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires at least 5 years operations/engineering experience in large-scale online game service environment with knowledge of relevant network issues.
• Requires 8+ years of systems and network engineering experience focusing on large scale datacenter operations.
• Experience with technologies and disciplines associated with online systems: Virtualization, Performance tuning, Encryption, Lag Reduction, Load Balancing, Cloud Computing.
• Familiarity with game related vendors and technologies, like Quazal, Gamespy, XLSP, the XBOX Live and PSN Networks.
• Engineering experience with both Windows and Linux networking stack and common middleware for both.
• Background working with outsourced engineering team.
• Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
• Required to be able to work flexible hours, occasionally rotating shifts as necessary, working weekends, or working off hours.
• Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
• The ability to handle high pressure situations.
• Shipped at least one AAA console or PC title
• Knowledge of or experience with game development systems is advantageous
• 10+ years experience in the games industry
• Experience writing technical documentation
Reports To: Director, Technology
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to email@example.com.