Director of Strategic Partnerships
- 2K Games
Division: 2K Games Publishing
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Novato, CA
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for identifying strategic and marketing partnerships across all three 2K labels: Sports, Games, and Play. The Director will work with existing partners, identify new partners, and in coordination with the company product/brand teams will architect large-scale national consumer and retail-focused marketing promotions with the goal of extending product/brand awareness to a greater numbers of consumers and consumer groups.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will also be responsible for managing existing licensee and in-game advertising partners, identifying new partners, and continuing to lead this revenue stream for the company.
- Work with 2K channel marketing, licensing partners, first parties and retail partners on promotional campaigns to drive 2K merchandise and game sales
- Oversee promotional programs for new product launches
- Work with cross functional teams including brand marketing, channel marketing, and eCommerce, to ensure and develop brand exposure
- Manage the merchandise category and roll-out strategy for the entire 2K line of merchandise, as well as managing approvals, art requests and retail promotions.
- Identify brand building licensing partnerships
- Maintain a standard, world-class aesthetic across all merchandise
- Protect 2K's brand image and integrity across all products globally
- Direct day-to-day contact with 2K's licensee partners and oversee licensing contracts and financial reporting
- Integrate the licensing and merchandising strategy across retail stores, offline and ecommerce.
- Lead team and mentor them
Skills & Experience:
The Director must have demonstrated abilities in the development of licensing and promotional programs, with several years of experience. The Director should have strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to senior executives both internal and external. The Director should be an outstanding negotiator and a creative problem solver and able to assess the value of promotional programs. This individual needs to be a self starter that can work independently and be self motivated to solve problems and be comprehensive in her/his approach to licensing.
- BS/BA – or MBA
- 10+ years in licensing, preferably with some exposure to interactive entertainment brands
- At least 3 – 5 years experience managing a team as well as outside vendors
- Experience working with well-known CPG brands on marketing promotions
- Legal contracts experience
Financial planning & analysis, budgeting, forecasting, planning skills
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.