MMO Producer, Seoul Korea
- 2K Games
Division: 2K Games
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Novato, CA
Develop quality software products, from concept to release and for providing and maintaining the creative vision of the products for 2K Games. All candidates should be self-motivated, highly organized, and possess strong leadership and team-building skills. A Producer is a leader, above all else… capable of taking charge of a project (or external team) and unifying the project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. This role requires the simultaneous management of multiple products.
Candidates should be fluent in Korean and English and be experienced working with both Korean and Western development teams.
The Producer is ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products on-time and to a high degree of quality.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion.
- Oversee, manage and liaise with internal and external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Establish development priorities and milestones on a per project basis.
- Develop product budgets and schedules and manage forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying and resolving overruns.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of milestone approval or disapproval as per established contracts.
- Manage the testing process with QA teams.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for position in software development.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with inside and outside creative resources.
- Manage and act to prevent potential conflicts between internal and external expectations for projects.
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups.
- Assist with identifying key product to acquire or license to support the company business goals.
- Travel, both domestic and international is required.
- Direct management of Associate Producer(s) may be required.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure synergy between Product Development, Developer and Marketing.
- Assist in the creation of business contracts on behalf of the company.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5+ years of experience in internal or external game development
- Experience with AAA products (especially MMOs) preferred
- Fluent in Korean and English, both written and spoken
- Available to travel and work out of Seoul, South Korea
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with all development disciplines.
- Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources
- Experience with scheduling tools a must
- Experience managing conflict
- Experience managing and creating complex budgets and personnel plans
- Experience managing, mitigating and resolving risks.
- Understanding of various production process and methodologies
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of project components being managed and are not currently assigned
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers on all levels of the organization.
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and learn new processes quickly and without missing a stride
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs
- Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles both to managed team members, as well as to upper management.
- Ability to manage to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality.
- Proven and established negotiation skills.
- Strong industry understanding and knowledge (both historically and forward looking)
- Skilled in all phases of game development from concept to completion.
- Ability to inspire and motivate those that work for them and those they work around.
- Confident public speaker, particularly able to handle press interviews, executive review meetings, etc.
- The ability to multi-task in order to handle a very large number of discrete tasks at once, without losing focus on any individual item
- Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others
Reports to: Development Director or Sr. Producer
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to Chris.Bigelow@2k.com.