Senior Level Modeler
- 2K Marin
Division: 2K Marin
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Novato, CA
2K Marin is looking for a passionate Senior Level Modeler to fill out the world of XCOM and help bring it to life. As a Senior Level Modeler at 2K Marin, you will build and texture a wide range of assets using 3D Studio Max and Photoshop creating high-resolution models that are baked to a low-poly model for use in-game. You will generate proxy meshes and detailed “model briefs” for use by out-of-house modelers. Working side-by-side with the Lead Modeler and Art Director you will refine artistic processes as well as prototype new techniques.
- Create environment and character related assets for XCOM using high poly render-to-texture and Z-brush
- Create next-gen textures and shaders
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of art creation issues and technical challenges
- Work with Art Director, and Lead Artist to ensure artistic unity with the entire project
- Function as part of a three-person team tasked with building large levels for a next-gen console title: Level Architect, Level Modeler, and Level Designer
- Prepare “model briefs” to explain assignments for working with out-of-house modelers
- Keep aware of competition as well as industry trends and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Possess a wealth of experience modeling and texturing assets and spaces for games
- Strong texturing and material creation skills a must.
- Able to collaborate with production staff from other departments on a peer level
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills
- 3+ years game industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of shader and material creation
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Traditional art education/ background
- Fluency with 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
- 5+ years game industry experience
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (and sample code or demo reel when appropriate) to email@example.com.